Thursday, March 16, 2006

Results

Received my first returned and marked TMA for my OU A215 course, returned within the week, which is the fastest turnaround I've ever experienced. Traditionally, I get low marks for my first TMA in a new course. Then my marks creep up as I learn, about halfway through the course I peak - then I get complacent - then for the ECA I'm usually fed up and tired and want it all to be over and get an OK sort of Pass.
I received an excellent mark for this first TMA and am delighted, stunned, thrilled - but the pessimist in me is saying 'The only way is down!' Well, that's a cert for the compulsory poetry TMA but I'll give it my best try. But the more I read about how to write then the more fun I'm having trying all this new knowledge out in practice. And it still doesn't feel like study - not as I've known it in the past - more like a joy.
Driving to Bath on Saturday to have lunch with Morty's daughter and her bloke. If ever you're in Bath have lunch here at Loch Fyne. That's if you like fish of course, although they do have super meat dishes too. If staying overnight then the Milsom Hotel above Loch Fyne is very modern and comfortable and also good value for central Bath and shopping. Not that I am going to buy anything of course. Who said that?

4 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

One of my stepsons lives in Bath.

Happy shopping.

9:33 PM  
Blogger pal said...

Kat if ever you get down to Bath to see your stepson perhaps we should all meet up - we could try Loch Fyne!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

And Loch Fyne is right in the centre with all the shops around it. I wish it were nearer me because I would love to lunch with my girlfriends in there.

Yum!

7:14 AM  
Blogger pal said...

OOOH! Lunch and shopping :-)Congrats on your mark btw.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home