Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine Surprise

Since Monday morning Morty was going on about Valentine's Day and my 'surprise' and what time does the postman come. I told him that if it meant we were going away I needed to know. He knows that! Nails need doing, choosing a frock, things sorted.
So why did he wait until 10 a.m. on Valentine's morning to give me a lovely card and to tell me to get packed as we were going away to stay overnight but he wasn't going to tell me where!
The Tesco delivery was booked for the 10-12 time slot! My hair needed a shampoo. He'd booked it all up four days ago so he had loads of time to get excited - I didn't have any time to get excited as I was too busy trying to get a case packed, have a bath, organise myself, unpack one week's grocery shopping and insist he told me where we were going.
Do I need walking boots? Is it a country pub or a bit smarter? It was the Grand at Torquay which is a delicious hotel to stay in. Romantic, wonderful food, and plenty of bracing seafront to walk along.
It was a great surprise and a lovely treat and I bet he forgets the fuss I made about such short notice and does it again one day - I hope!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Er indoors left me a card in my briefcase - which I didn't find of course...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

That is really bad Rob.Rather sweet though. Weren't you expecting one then?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I wasn't, no - that would have been a triumph of hope over expectation...

6:00 PM  
Blogger pal said...

Isn't it lovely when they pull 'romance' out of the hat like that.

I know what you mean about missing out on the anticipation though, it is all part of it, but at least he remembered! I had to do a quick dash round Asda for a card and a CD and at some point the card lost its envelope! But we did have a lovely day.

The Grand looks lovely and the views over Torbay stunning. We are lucky to live in such a varied Island.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home