Saturday, January 14, 2006

Four Things

The writing course must have triggered me off as I can't stop doing it now! Thanks for suggesting this Nogsbad.
Four jobs you've had in your life: Serving wet fish and fish and chips as a Saturday job. I smelt really bad! A hairdresser, a restaurateur, managing property.
Four places you've lived: Balham (Yes! Gateway to the South) Bletchingley (Couldn't afford to live there now) Beaminster and now Bridport. I only live in places that begin with a 'B' so watch out Bristol, Bath and Brighton!
Four TV shows you love to watch: Strictly Come Dancing wanting James the cookie to win. Gordon Ramsey and the F-Word Surely the 'F' stands for food? Eastenders as I have plebby tastes. Later with Jools Holland (Told you Nog!)
Four places you'd rather be: In Jordan at Wadi Rum in the desert sipping Bedouin mint tea watching the sunset. At Aswan in Egypt on Elephantine Island gazing at the Nile. At an airport waiting for a flight to somewhere. Where I am now.
Four albums you can't live without: 'O' by Damien Rice. 'You Inspire Me' by Curtis Stigers. 'A Swinging Affair' by Frank Sinatra. 'Fiddler on the Roof'
Four of your favourite foods: Prawns, strawberries, avocados, fresh figs.
Four movies you could watch over and over: 'The Godfather Trilogy' 'Cape Fear' 'The Shawshank Redemption' 'Crash'
Four places you've been on holiday: Russia to find my paternal Grandfather. Poland to find my paternal Grandmother. China and the Yangstze River and the Great Wall. Egypt twice - and I shall return.
Four websites you visit daily: The Open University WeightWatchers Online BBC Radio 4 and my bank -but that's personal!
Phew! That took longer than I thought it would to do!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nogbad said...

Well I live in a place that starts with a "B"! With you on the F-Word too (when I remember), brilliant TV about a tricky subject with a bloke who clearly has a passion. "Live at the Sands" is Frank's best IMHO. Isn't Weightwatchers Online a cheat? Can't you simply tell them you've lost a few lbs and bash on with the deep-fried Mars bars??? :-))

7:25 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Deep fried Mars bars indeed! There's a whole online community inside WW. It costs a tenner a month and you get to count your daily food points and there are chat forums and so on, with a neat graph that shows weight loss. I'm scared to stop now as WW keeps me disciplined.

The alternative is to go once a week to WW meeting in a chilly village hall, get weighed in front of strangers - just can't do that!

Funny this living in a 'B' thing.

8:31 AM  
Blogger pal said...

Loads of lovely links - very impressive :-)

If my 10 day GI diet doesn't work perhaps I'll give WW online a whirl.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home