Friday, January 13, 2006

On Characters

As A215 hasn't begun for real yet I'm dipping into the book and having a sort of play around with some of the activities. Last night I went to sleep thinking about characters and building them up with identities and descriptions. Woke up this morning with my head full of them and began to create my first character for my notebook.
Oh dear! My first 'victim' is based on somebody I know (make note to self not to give them this Blog address) and talk about freeflowing thoughts! They'd sue me if they ever read it. I'm making sure I don't let the name slip out. Nevertheless, it's made a very funny, multi-layered person and has begun to sound like the two characters played by Prunella Scales and Patricia Routledge in the Radio 4 programme 'Ladies of Letters'. Yes - it's a female 'victim'.
Just done half an hour of 'Pump' with Davina on my exercise DVD and now I want chocolate! Although I have to use three handsets to get the DVD to play - so many buttons to click and for the second day running I couldn't get the sound so had to do them to a background of Desert Island Discs. I've got the sequences for the buttons on the three handsets written on a sheet of A4 paper but still couldn't get the upbeat music to play. Morty showed me again last night and got the music to play straight away so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Coffee with my daughter and then a bit of time spent on the computer writing my character up in Word. I giggle every time I look at it but it all feels very cathartic - like they are things I would love to say to this person in real-life but wouldn't dare to. Not unless I was very drunk on a vat or two of white wine and then I'd have to apologise!

3 Comments:

Blogger pal said...

Aren't DVDs amazing! I've discovered ours plays my photo CDs. We've had our snaps from our S.Africa trip on the huge TV screen - they look amazing and its certainly a very different type of album.

I haven't tried a fitness DVD yet maybe I should be concentrating more on that :-))

5:52 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Yes they are amazing. I send a CD of our photos to my mum and she can view them on her computer and on her TV.

Do you do 'movie' records of your trips? I look better moving than I do on a still shot. We've taken some lovely footage of all our travels and have them on CDs that play on the TV.

I couldn't go to a gym - too public. I prefer prancing around at home and I sweat so much, and gasp and am very unco-ordinated, always kicking the wrong leg and using the wrong arm. Don't know why I do it really but I do feel better after a little exercise session.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Multiveg said...

Ladies of Letters is fab. Have you heard the latest series?

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home