Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Last Lap

As usual for me I'm struggling to finish a 4000 word final ECA for my current OU Course. I hope none of my course tutors read this because I'm doing a lot of copying and pasting of suitable bits from the eleven thousand words I've written so far in my five assignments to answer the question on social segregation.
I've enjoyed my two Social Science courses but there's rather a lot of the same to read, analyse and argue. I like courses where each module covers something different as the variety can hold my interest. Hopefully, my next OU Course in February 2006 will be a little freer in expression and imagination and more varied - although I'm not banking on it. I've done an Education OU course before when the Course Team told us there were no wrong answers and I still managed to get a lot wrong.
I shall be very happy when I print my ECA out and trot to the Post Office, weigh it, get a proof of posting card and forget studying for a while. Then there'll be no excuse for cob-webby corners, dusty surfaces and my over grown garden! Will there?

5 Comments:

Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Hi Anna! Thanks for replying. There's a lot of us OUers blogging away in here. Its good to meet in another 'place' isn't it?

Haven't been to Australia but certainly would if my grandsons lived there.

So, if this is your last course are you like I'm gonna be and carry on afterwards studying with the OU? I don't think I'll ever be able to stop as I need it ;-)

See you in the DD304 conference then?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

I'm also struggling with my end of course assignment (A300 Twentieth-Century Literature). The question seems straightforward and subjective - until I start linking it to the course material.

The OU is certainly addictive for me, I'm part way through my second OU degree and I hope to go on to a Masters when I find the right courses.

I've really enjoyed your writing ever since reading about your holiday in China on FirstClass - I'm sure you'll do really well on A215.

Bill

5:43 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

That's a long time in hospital Anna and all the best for the 26th! Yes, I've got two grandsons aged eleven and eight and they are handsome blokes.

They used to live in London but my daughter,son-in-law and the boys moved here to Dorset a year ago and live round the corner now. This is wonderful.

Happy studying and keep in touch.

Hi there Bill. Your second OU degree! That proves just how addictive it is. A300 looks good so I'll see how I get on with my first literature course and as I have to do another Level 3 (I think) I'll put that on my list of maybes.

Keep up the struggling and good luck!

More OU bloggers than I thought in here then ;-)

10:10 AM  
Blogger bluefluff said...

A215 should be fun! Creative writing isn't my thing, but I've been "booked" to help look after some of the conferencing (under the tutelage of JohnW) & I'm really looking forward to it.
Are you going to take one of the Start Writing courses in November as a warm-up?

2:34 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Not John W - The John W? What fun for you!

I know I should do a 'warm-up' short course but I rather like wandering into the unknown. I still have time to register for one so I'll see as I really don't know what to expect of A215.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home