Saturday, March 11, 2006

Offensive? Yes!

The most offensive sentence I've read this week went something like this:
'I blame those bra-burning women of the past who have forced young women now to need have babies, work in low paid part time jobs and study for worthless degrees'
I married for the first time in the 1960s. I went to buy a washing machine in the Co-op. I filled in all the hire purchase forms (credit) and placed a cash deposit. The male assistant told me I had to have my husband's signature on the form to allow the agreement to go through. I earned more than my husband and my job was secure - his wasn't! I had saved the cash deposit yet as a married woman I wasn't allowed by law to buy anything on credit without his signature!
Don't you call me 'bra-burning' Rant Boy!

1 Comments:

Blogger west coaster said...

Hey, you've done alright .. for a girl.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home