Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Goodbye Old Faithfull


The time has come to say goodbye to my eighteen year old Peugeot Cabriolet. The last journey we took in it to Torquay it rained and I got a wet lap as the drips leaked through the rag-top. The cost of an MOT is more than the car is worth. No more open top cars. People slash them and the wind noise is deafening on a motorway. Can't see out of the rear window unless the top's down. Still life in her for a new enthusiastic owner. Lots of new parts in her. I think I'll cry when I say goodbye to her.
Going to look at a used Mini later today. I've had two mini cars in the past so looking forward to driving the new models. This one has a panoramic electric sunroof so bit of a halfway between open top driving and closed in. Not quite ready to be too sensible yet with a car. Still need a bit of sexy.

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

I had an open top car once, but not for long. I couldn't always get the roof up. I've been seen driving along with my passenger holding an umbrella over the two of us.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Kat! My electric doors jammed once and I was stuck in the car in Tescos carpark. In the middle of winter I had to get the manual top open and climb out over the jammed doors. Now that was useful.

Laughing at your image!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home