Saturday, February 03, 2007

It Opened

So I took the car with The Electronic Sun Roof That Opens On Its Own to be fixed on Wednesday. This left me with a new problem. The Courtesy Car. It was a Gunmetal Grey BMW with six forward gears and one reverse. It didn't have a normal ignition key. It had a cartridge thing that slotted into a hole on the dashboard, had to depress the clutch for this to happen, and then a button to press. Most strange.

The problem was the power of the car. I was shocked to see I was sailing over the bendy coast road at 75mph and it felt like I was sitting in an armchair with no sense of speed or motion. Far too much grunt for me. But it was very beautiful and given time I could probably get used to it.

'We'll keep your Mini overnight and you can collect it in the morning' they said 'But phone first'.

I 'phoned first thing.

'Your car is fine. It was just a fuse. They've changed that and the roof is closed but leave it 'till lunchtime so we can make sure'.

They 'phoned back an hour later.

'The roof has just opened on it's own'.

I shouldn't have been pleased - but I was. At last. They have to believe me. It did it in the workshop.

'We have to order parts now so it won't be ready until tomorrow'.

'What about the spare key that sets the alarm off when I try to use it?' I ask.

I know they don't believe me about that either. They had previously told me to charge the spare up by using it regularly even though I told them that I can't actually use it regularly because the alarm goes off when I try to use it.

'We'll make sure everything is working properly before we let you have your car back'. they reassure.

I 'phone the next morning.

'The new parts are installed but we want to keep it here until late afternoon to make sure the sunroof doesn't open'.

I drive over the coast road in the Courtesy Car. Getting rather used to it now - and rather fond of it too. So this is what its like being a BMW owner?

The Mini Sunroof has remained closed. Then I am given two sets of car keys with an explanation that they are newly reset. I don't fully understand this. This must mean that they did try to use the spare key and that the alarm did go off. Perhaps it was the ignition key all the time - although that doesn't explain how the Electronic Sun Roof Opened On Its Own when I was 150 miles away in London with the keys in my handbag does it?

I am inspecting my car every hour.

6 Comments:

Blogger hesitant scribe said...

Hopefully it's cured but if it happens again, you might want to take it to a priest/vicar/etc!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Now you've made me laugh. I've given it a treat and hung a Yankee Car Freshener (Ginger)inside - maybe it should be Garlic?

6:26 PM  
Blogger hesitant scribe said...

How are you doing? I hope the car hasn't eaten you!

8:42 AM  
Blogger pal said...

YOu'll never believe it but my father in law has just won a Mini. He didn't believe it either at first and thought it was an odd Sales call when the chap rang up to tell him. He started by saying 'Congratulations! You have won a car!' FiL is 93 and not driving now! Eventually when he had been convinced it was the real thing he was really chuffed.

So is my hubby as he has given it to him. He has just retired and had to give up the company car so it has my seal of approval too as we have been sharing a car while we decided what to do; fate has stepped in, thank goodness! Its all very well trying to convince yourself it is good and green to share but it can be inconvenient at times!

He'll enjoy the chance to relive his youff zipping around in a bright yellow one. Stay off the Kent roads in April!

Hope all is well with you, I'm missing your posts are you blogging somewhere else, or maybe you have settled down to write that full length book?

8:46 PM  
Blogger alex said...

Is it not customary, when some one expects others to look after his interests without any advantage to themselves, to ask the innocent question satirically: Do you think this will be done for the sake of your beautiful eyes ? ibuprofen Hence Mrs.. He was rapidly becoming lipitor rich, and there were bright prospects of even greater triumphs, with proportionately greater reward.. But she'll think I went home with bextra you.. The determinations for its realization consist in the fact that repressions have taken place, and that the adderall suppressed emotional wishes shall become sufficiently strong.. Now, if you will, let's let it go prozac at that.. I agree, adderall in general, with my friend on the other side of the room.. But diflucan he did not speak.. He was leaning, with his arms folded, over the rim of the car; and with a pipe in his mouth, at which he puffed leisurely, seemed to be upon excellent terms apap with himself and the universe.. That's what I get for coming tramadol here with you, Ross Pryor! And tears of humiliation stood in his eyes.. On the contrary, the principle of pain comes into play, and prevacid causes the Forec.. But the ostracized woman, as though she felt the deep humiliation effexor of her position, turned sharply away, and opened her parasol to shield her eyes from the sun.. [1] It may therefore seem that the conscious wish alone has been realized in a dream; but a slight peculiarity in the formation of insulin this dream will put us on the track of the powerful helper from the unconscious.. Leonard--I am really very sorry--and I regret to nasonex say that I do not know her at all.. [9] See carisoprodol Zentralblatt fuer Psychoanalyse , vol.. He was tylenol lying in his little coffin, his hands folded: there were candles all about, and, in short, it was just like the time of little Otto's death, which shocked me so profoundly...

5:51 AM  
Blogger kat said...

I hope the roof stays shut. I have a hatchback and the boot is always coming open. Blumming nuisance if it does it on the motorway. I don't know what is the matter with it. I always shut if firmly but no-one believes that of course. I won't lock separately.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home