Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lunch

Had a lovely lunch with my friend Katy at The Bull Hotel . She ordered a bottle of Crowded House. There I was expecting a Band.

I don't know if I like the Band but I do know that I loved the New Zealand wine. We ate good bread and olives with a glass of Champagne followed by Moules and Hand Cut Chips. I asked for real Mayo to go with my chips. I ate Katy's Hand Cut Chips too.

I watched a portion of stunning Sultana Cheesecake being delivered to the table next to ours, resisted and had another glass of Champagne instead. Now I wish I'd had both. Cheesecakes like that one are rare. Perhaps next time.

I took my camera and forgot to take any photos as we were so busy chatting.

Katy goes to the Theatre regularly and we even discussed Chekhov and I have promised her that if I do OK on 20th Century Literature then next year I will study another OU Literature course. This will be Shakespeare. I don't like Shakespeare. Katy can't understand this. She didn't go to my Grammar School.

Maybe I should start with this one rather than the one I've linked above? An Introduction to Skakespeare could be a better choice for me.

Taking the cost into account as well. Almost one thousand pounds for an OU Course is more than I've ever paid. The Introduction to Shakespeare is £135.00.

The OU Course Conference Icons appeared on my First Class Desktop this morning and I felt that rush of excitement at the newness of it all. I've posted into my Tutor Group along with several others as we break the ice and introduce ourselves.

I am going to hang out with the experienced Literature Students. I shall need to. Hope they don't mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger hesitant scribe said...

Hi - stumbled across your pages and just wanted to say what a shame you've been put off Shakespeare - though not too much if you're still considering a Shakespeare module. The introductory module would be the best to go for if it's the language putting you off - once you get passed that he's really quite good! Honest! Having said that, your lit course is Level 3, and the other Shakespeare course looks very interesting, so maybe that one would be better, although it costs a lot more... Oh dear, I'm not being very helpful am I! My advice, for what it's worth, is to do the one you're most interested in, and at a level you feel you can manage.

Good luck with the lit course too!

p.s. However did you resist the cheesecake?!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Lovely to meet you and pleased that you Stumbled.

Thanks for your comments - and you have helped me. Honest.

I have been thinking about the Cheesecake all week but we're going to The Bull for dinner on Saturday night and I've already made my mind up - I shall eat Cheesecake.

4:59 PM  
Blogger hesitant scribe said...

Oh yes - do have the Cheesecake, and I'll keep popping back to see how you get on with your courses :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

I shall take a photo of the Cheescake as evidence.

5:35 PM  
Blogger hesitant scribe said...

Now you're just teasing!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home