Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Back

I'm Back. So challenged by technology I couldn't get my Bloggy Password changed. It was that simple too. I just didn't read the question properly. But I did read the questions properly in my 2006 OU Course.

I passed A215 Creative Writing with a Distinction. Never had a big 'D' before. Although this was a writing course it showed me how to read properly. Look deeper into structure, meanings, comparisons, style and so much more. Hence, my next course beginning in February 2007 is AZX300 '20th Century Literature: Texts and Debates' There are many books to read.

We begin with Chekhov and 'The Cherry Orchard' I've never read a play before. I have now. And then to Discuss it. Phew. Very challenging for me but that's why I enjoy learning in this way.

I made a long return journey by Virgin Train over the weekend. To Derbyshire and back from the South West. I took Pat Barker's 'The Ghost Road' to fill the time - one of the Course books. I read the entire book there and back and missed all of the scenery en route. Worth it. I've read all Pat Barker's books in he past and been moved. Never with an OU Literature Course in front of me. So now I am reading them in a different way. Even more moved now.

I shall Blog tomorrow with more tales about my Car and the Mysterious Happenings When The Electronic Sunroof Opens All By Itself. Even when I am in London, 180 miles away, with the key in my HandBag, it opens.

I have yet to convince the BMW Garage that I didn't open the Flossing Roof on a wet and stormy December day to let the rain in and soak the inside of the car. Yet to convince them that I had to take it to a Ford Dealer locally, because to get the car to them meant a fifteen mile drive across a windswept and exposed coastal road and a right soaking, and get them to disable the Electronic Sunroof because they couldn't Close It and were mystified. Even with a Spanner suggested by the BMW Dealer by 'phone. How basic is a Spanner when the entire car is a Computer?

This is the second time the Sunroof With A Mind Of It's Own has done this to me.

The switch for the Electronic Sunroof That Opens All By Itself is in the glove compartment. With all the rain we are having I am very pleased it is.

I wonder if this is what happened to my car. Maybe I need to investigate locally. Am I the only one?

Great to be back and able to read and comment again to my favourite Blogging People.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Great to see you back. The car thing is odd - too much technology, I say. Mine opens with this metal thingy that fits in a hole in the door - marvellous invention...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

When the roof wouldn't close the first time - after it opened all by itself - a Technician from BMW told me on the 'phone to

'Hold the key in the door in the lock position for one minute. That should do it. Failing that' he said 'there's a spanner....'

I hung up! A spanner. Me?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

NASA managed a moon landing with less technology than is in the average car these days...
By the way, I loved the reference to The Cruikshank Redemption on your profile - will this be a Scottish version of that film with morgan Freeman?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Good to see you back blogging M, though I have been following the car saga on A215 survivors!

Think I may try A300 next year so will follow your progress with interest.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Did I really write that Rob? Oh now I am laughing at myself. It's been there for over one year and this is the first time anybody has said anything.

Always had word troubles but that is one of my best.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Hi there Cath. I don't think it'll be the Wonderful Roller Coaster ride like A215 but I'm ready to give it a try.

If I say nothing its because I'm floundering although I usually write more about things in that condition.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Maybe it was the big screen version of Dr Finlay's Casebook, with Tim Robbins as Dr Finlay, Morgan Freeman as Dr Cameron and James Whitmore as Dr Snoddy. A blockbuster!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home