Saturday, August 19, 2006

Crocs



I don't know why I bought these shoes. I think it was because everywhere had sold out of them after a daily newspaper published an article telling their readers they were a summer must have. They are called Crocs. Made from an ultra light resin they mould to fit the wearer's feet. Good for walking, pebbly beaches, wet surfaces and supposed to be healthy as feet breath in them.

Aren't they ugly though? I wouldn't leave the house wearing them but they are truly comfortable. They don't seem to have caught on where I live as I've only seen one other person wearing them and that was an expectant mother in an M25 motorway services area. Her's were a very bright pink. As you can see I opted for boring beige.

I sort of feel I got caught up in the hype because I ordered mine online and had to wait for almost a month for delivery. It seems that the UK sold out of Crocs. Mine were made in Mexico. The only time I can think of when I wished I'd had some Crocs was when we were in Jordan and I paddled in the Dead Sea. I emerged unscathed but lots of people cut their feet very badly on the sharp stones on the sea bed because the sea is very murky and bathers can't see where they're treading. There's a business opportunity! Set up a stall in Dead Sea resorts in Israel, Jordan and Egypt selling Crocs.

8 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

If you can't get them in the UK I will have to look out for them when I am aboard. I'll let you know if I get a pair.

Thanks for all your tips (on my blog) re cruising.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Think UK supplies have been replenished now Kat.

I've had mine on all day indoors and tried to pluck up courage to wear them out tonight but lost my bottle!

I can't wait to see your photos and hear all about it. I'm excited for you.

4:27 PM  
Blogger pal said...

I loved a shoe called Muckers - I used them all the time in the garden, but I think they were made for mucking out horses originally. These are no longer being made and for years I have been looking for a replacement.

Your Crocs look very promising. Thanks.

I thought setting up a shoe stall on the shores of the Dead Sea was wonderfully surreal idea - don't know how well it would do at though :-(

10:03 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Got my Crocs on now Pal. Muckers sound good but I reckon Crocs would be a grand replacement.

I shall be bold if I get another pair and buy a bright colour instead of muddy beige.

The Dead Sea is a strange place. I've been there twice. Once on the Israeli shores and once on the Jordanian and the spooky thing is you can see across the sea to Israel from Jordan and vice verse.

Same on the Red Sea. You can see Eilat from Aqaba(sp?) in Jordan and the Egyptian resort too. Like being in Brighton and seeing Hove and Eastbourne as they are all that close together.

10:23 AM  
Blogger pal said...

You would think as they are such close neighbours they would just damn well get on with life and be well ... neighbourly!

All those poor innocents caught up in such a load of c***

6:05 PM  
Blogger pal said...

I'm not quite so grumpy now :-0 ... Bright colours sound good very practical - I would be able to see my feet in amongst the weeds and not strim them etc.!!

By tye way I've tagged you - sorry, don't feel under pressure.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Nogbad said...

I saw these cloggy things in Fowey and was tempted but my 15 year old fashion guru and my 12 year old fashion guru couldn't agree so I didn't. Having checked the online stuff I'm still tempted and I think the shop in Fowey was charging "Regatta" prices!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

They are ever so comfy Nog and even though they look odd they are the footwear of choice when I get up in the morning.

I think they'd go well with your new shirts;-) Did one of your fashion gurus say yes and the other say no then?

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home