Friday, August 18, 2006

Goodbye and Hello



A lovely evening saying goodbye to my dear friend David. We first met thirty years ago when he was a customer in our restuarant. I didn't know it then but the scrawny, leggy little boy he brought out for family dinners was his son Nick and I didn't meet Nick again until fifteen years ago - a fine figure of a man now and a good friend. So David lives in Australia and every year he says he's not going to make that twenty-four hour flight to the UK again, but thankfully he always does.

He's on his way back to Australia now and he won't see his photo on my Blog until he gets back. We keep in touch by email, even it it's only him emailing me to ask me to tell his son Nick to switch his mobile on.

It was also a hello evening to our mate Phil. He used to live here too but went to London to make his fortune - and he did too! I took a photo of him because he's well handsome but I had my camera accidently switched to Movie mode and have seven seconds of me nattering in the background and Phil smiling patiently at me while I thought I'd snapped him.

My camera software lets me take individual clips as photos from a movie so when I've worked out how to do it out I'll post it in here Phil.

Still a man for the ladies aren't you David? After we said goodbye and hello Morty and me went to the Bull Hotel for a drink and a meal but got caught up in a birthday party celebration. So today it feels like a Saturday as it was more like a Friday night than a Thursday.

But tonight is Friday and we have to go out again (shame) and tomorrow is Carnival day and we can't miss that can we?

3 Comments:

Blogger pal said...

Oh we've stood and watched that a few years ago. It was absolutely fantastic. All the floats were brilliant, lights and music overwhelming. Such an amazing amount of effort put in by everyone.

Hope you had a really good night - any piccies?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

It's tonight and there will be photos.

It is a smashing Carnival procession and glad you have fond memories of it.

We get a good view from the pub window and now the boys are old enough to mingle with everyone outside while we sit and sip.

9:13 AM  
Blogger pal said...

That sounds a lot more civilised than our vantage point was .....

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home